Glasgow's Literary Bonds
- Offers a list and contextualised information on approximately 200 literary societies that were running in Glasgow during the long nineteenth century (here defined as 1800 to 1914).
Scottish Corpus Of Texts & Speech
- The Scottish Corpora project has created large electronic corpora of written and spoken texts for the languages of Scotland. The Scottish Corpus of Texts & Speech (SCOTS) has been online since November 2004, and, after a number of updates and additions, has reached a total of nearly 4.6 million words of text, with audio recordings to accompany many of the spoken texts.
The Corpus of Modern Scottish Writing
- An electronic corpus of written and printed texts from the period 1700-1945, complementing the Helsinki Corpus of Older Scots (1450-1700) and the Scottish Corpus of Texts & Speech (1945-present day). CMSW contains over 350 documents, containing approximately 5.5 million words of text overall.
Life in Old Letters
- a collection of letters extracted from the corpus by Jenny Bann and used to illustrate 300 hundred years of Glasgow and local history.
Thomas Crawford's Diary
- a diary by Thomas Crawford, kept during his emigration by sea from Scotland to Australia in 1825, and presented here in blog format by Jenny Bann.
literature.txt · Last modified: 2019/09/23 12:07 by admin